MOMENTAUFNAHMEN: War.

Today we hosted a meaning-making to grant our community a space to process the happenings of the world. Diving from topics like the role of money in war to the processing of trauma in family to the role of information & media, one participant shared her sense of delusion and disappointment with humanity. 'What are your expectations?' Another person asked. I felt a moving in my body, sarcasm crawling up my toes with a thought of 'Well, not sure if the surviving of our species is still something I'd like to expect'. Below,  a warmer thought: 'Actually, just some more hugs' Just some more intimacy, Just some more processing of information through the body, together, co-regulating.

Truth is there is war in all of our heads & bodies, or at least remains of former generations' fights against violence, poverty, fear of the fear of death.

It reminds me of my role in restoring my own sanity, what a powerful act it can be to save my soul, mind, body. What a marvellous gift if my peace can touch a circle of others. What a gift if we can reinforce each other's nervous systems to a more healthy state? 

From what place do I want to respond? What informs me and my microbiome, where do I have agency on that, at all? Where does my power, my responsibility lie, if not in the few choices I have on a daily level that help me to create harbours or even islands of sanity? My acting from fear doesn't serve the world. 

Like hungry wolves, the media feeds us with the raw, unprocessed, unembodied perspective of what appears a single truth. What is your truth in all of this? What is my connection? On what level do I connect & respond, when I respond to a selection of images of somewhat unidentified sources? Whoever judges me to be 'uninformed', not watching the news & the most up to date developments, often is who doesn't see my own practice. Judging me, in the end, for not being in war myself.

Over the past weeks I initiated spaces & self-organizing in my own organization, I hosted & joined international groups of deeply caring facilitators. My most powerful action yet was to hold & soothe my roommate with a deep, releasing hug when I met her in confusion around war, heath & death in the middle of the night. Follow the relationships, she said, and held the mantra like a shield in the vertical, to build bridges wherever her touch reached out to the heart of the other.