ENCOUNTERS: meeting others in myself

Realization of the day: I am a highly sensitive & empathic being and I am very receptive for energies of other people. 

Well ok, that is actually not so much of news or surprise. That's not really the realization, it's way more the realization that I, still, more often than not, do not realize when I am sitting with the inner world of others. And this while being in full trust that what is told to me on the surface, through language or face expression, matters more or is more true than what I sense. My head then tells me that the tangible is true, or at least more true than what I sense. In this discrepancy, I get lost and rather isolate or numb my gift. 

So, I end up sponging and exhausting my own energetic field, it seems. And I miss sharing what might be so relevant for this relationship to evolve. This gift (Mr. Clifton calls it one of my top 5 strengths ;)) can come in as an accelerator and I've seen it more then often happening. It's a sense of truly meeting someone in myself, having their story moving the mine on a more conscious level, like an unspoken invitation.

So what is it that hinders my awareness of this sensitivity? Obvious: the exhaustion itself, which is not only fed by the constant sponging, but also by digital media, not enough movement and the unbalance of always hosting and holding others, and too little of being held and letting other into my own vulnerable self. And there's a difference between vulnerability and vulnerability. How many people do really crack my shell? Few. 

As rhye says, stay open. Maybe that's also a step towards letting these other energies float out once I discovered sitting with them. Stay open. 

I dedicate myself to practising and meeting all of the beautiful human beings that cross my ways heart to heart. There is no time to feed into exhaustion, our planet is depleted enough.

x



Photo by Vince Fleming on Unsplash