MOMENTAUFNAHMEN: A warm shower
I am sitting here with a feeling of warmth after talking to a young woman who recently joined one of our oikos chapters, despite all the struggles corona have brought to our community.
Opening the chat with some very casual questions, I was excited to learn about her curiosity, her commitment, her eagerness to collaborate and learn more. Connecting beyond the chapter, opening to international and intercultural exchange, not planning ahead but moving week by week. A positive energy reached through the screen, it appeared so familiar to me.
I love the activity of the chapter, gathering every week for a casual exchange on what's cooking for oikos and what's relevant about sustainability in their lives. The getting together, the weaving in new perspectives and individuals - that even works through zoom and can positively feed into a longing for onsite exchange.
It all made me think back to my early days in Reutlingen, and that I am sitting with the same question she shared with me at the very end of the talk:
What directions will I head with, in, through oikos?
Deep gratitude for this moment of warmth & lightness
